3.31.2016

This is where I wander- Ephraim valley, Utah

I am not sure why I wander, but I do.  It's a hobby of mine.  I take notes, imagine, remember and drag my camera along.  Anyone willing to accompany is welcome.  Be forewarned, I may climb barbed wire fences, have local authorities question me, and visit many cemeteries along the way.  My mom accompanied on my last wander to central Utah.  It was so fun.  I was able to finish up a piece that I was working on for "Etched."  Unfortunately, this dance hall missed the deadline for my piece on Southwest Dance Halls.
 This dance hall is located on Main Street in Mt. Pleasant  and was erected on the site of the Eclipse Pavillion.  The Eclipse was built in 1878 with a hardwood dance floor but burned to the ground.  The Peterson Dance Hall was built in 1927 around the Eclipse's original dance floor..  It served as the focal point for entertainment throughout the valley.  Instead of demolishing the hall due to age and the passing of time the Hall has been preserved and now is serves as the center of culture and entertainment once again for Fairview and the surrounding communities.  It was named in honor of Lionel and Clista Lasson Peterson, two prominent Fairview citizens who often frequented the hall in its heyday.
 And then I wandered a little more... remember the days of the Drive in movie?
                                           Don't you love pretty little streets...

                                                          Why I wander....

No comments:

Post a Comment