3.25.2016

Friday Fun-- the Beach, Puerto Penasco

 I was six when I dipped my feet into the ocean for the first time... I was immediately taken by the sights and sounds of waves.  We spent a week in Puerto Penasco with our "fab five."  Travis went a lot here with his family as a little boy and I was anxious to see "Rocky Point" for myself.

 The sea of Cortez is the coastal beach which delights visitors.  It is also known  as Arizona's beach and is located in the Gulf of California.  When Rigby came as a "little," there was nothing along these sandy shores.  It is quite a different sight today. 




 It was fun to have mom and dad Rigby a long to share this memory with us.  For them, it was very much a "walk down memory lane."  I loved it when they shared the story of their parents, Zina and Eldro and Velma and Francis almost going out to sea.  I like to think of them in their younger days fishing together.

 Each time we return to the ocean, our "fab five" have grown a little more.  Time seems to rush with the ebb of the tide now.  Once, they were little...

 This was by far the most relaxing vacation to date.  We simply enjoyed the ocean air, the sounds of the birds, and the collecting of sea shells.

 These guys are my world.  Talk about sea shell gathering.  I literally have never seen so many sea shells on the shore.  We brought home "treasures." 




 No matter how old Stock gets, he is always a "kid."  Funny enough, he was somewhat scared by his "pet crab."
 Maleck was not intimidated by neither the treasures he found nor the crashing of the waves.  We often had to call him inland.
 Madsen takes life easy... he found joy in being here....

 Love how much these two love each other.....




 We are so excited to see where this one heads on his next grand adventure--- hit was fun to see him interact with the locals.  He loved the culture here.

       I love that we now have our own memories of "Rocky Point." 



 I love that I get to me their mom- they are my treasures worth far more than gold or rubies.  Three of them are taller than me now- it won't be long before they all are.

 Love my Rigby and the adventures we have enjoyed together.  While not all of our journey has been a "bed of roses," my life has been so blessed to have him by my side.  He is a wonderful, husband, father, and best friend- and a bit of a TEASE!








I can't wait until we get to return to "a beach" again.  Love the crashing of the waves, high and low tide, and the smell of the fresh ocean air.

No comments:

Post a Comment