1.17.2015

Happy 10th Birthday Emma!



Why we named you Emma..
Long before your birth and before any of your brothers were born, I knew that one day we would have a girl and her name would be Emma.  Your Great Grandmother Leany's name was Velma Emma Reber Leany .  I never knew this until her funeral when I saw her name printed.  At that very moment, the spirit whispered to my heart that one day we whould have a daughter and we were to name her Emma after great grandmother.

Well three births later you arrived.  You were beautiful just like Velma Emma.  Do great things with your grandmother's name Emma.  She was a loving, compassionate, and beautiful woman!

 Dear Emma,
Happy 10th birthday!  It has been so fun to celebrate with you these past few days.  Watching you and daddy make a crepe birthday cake this morning melted my heart. Afterwards, you and I headed out... I loved getting our nails done together-- I looked over and saw you and I was shocked at how far your feet reached into the pedicure bowl.  My little girl is hardly so little.

Right now you have gone to enjoy some daddy daughter time at the movie Annie.  You are so lucky to have such an amazing dad.  I hope you always remember that.  This morning your brothers spoiled you with gifts and their time.  We all love you so much Emma!  

I was looking through your baby book and found some keepsakes.  Your birth was amazing and empowering!

Have fun with your new red suitcases-- I know you are going places!

Love Always,
Mommy


1 comment:

  1. How sweet! Happy Birthday do your Emma! What a lovely picture of Emma's great-grandmother!

    ReplyDelete