5.18.2014

My Mother's Day 2013

Preface:  I cherish the calling of motherhood, not because I consider myself a great mother or that it comes easy to me- because it doesn't. I am not by nature a patient person so for me motherhood is  challenging, exhausting, and adventurous.  It often brings me to my knees in great anguish.  I pray hard everyday for the safety of my children and that they will make good choices.  I know that our "fab five"  were sent to us by God and that Travis and I as their parents have the "sacred responsibility to rear them in love and righteousness."
Simply put,  Parenthood is not for wimps! However,  I do know however that BEING THEIR MOTHER IS THE GREATEST BLESSING OF MY LIFE.  There is nothing I could do that is more important or rewarding.  

Travis had the most beautiful bouquet of roses delivered with a note that read- "You deserve the very best!  Thanks for taking care of us and making us feel so important.  We would be so sad with out you.  You make our lives so much better!  Love your fab 5 plus 1"


 "The noblest calling in the world is motherhood.  True motherhood is the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions.  She who can paint a masterpiece, or who can write a book that will influence millions, deserves the admiration and plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose immortal souls will exert and influence throughout the ages long after paintings shall have faded, and books and statues shall have decayed or have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give and the choicest blessings of God."- David O. Mackay
 Before Maleck painted this he asked me if I could go take a nap--- I left the room and when I returned he presented me with this masterpiece.
                                              Emma's Mother's Day breakfast surprise.
                                                  Hurrah- my day for the special plate
                              Madsen's art project- mother's day flowers!
 My card from Stockton read:" Mom- You make me feel like I'm on top of the world.  I always love your little compliments that mean everything to me.  You're my #1 fan and I couldn't play without you.  I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you.  You are the greatest-No matter what I say or do... With love and appreciation, Stockton
I arose early Mother's Day morning and braved the snowstorm to join my mom at her ward meetings.  She was so surprised.  It was so nice to sit between my parents and hold each of their hands! (I received these scrumptious chocolates from their ward.)
"There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate"
                                                                       -Linda Grayson
              Emma and Maleck presented me with a family of elephants complete with an elephant house!

Seleck presented me with this beautiful poem for Mother's Day
Traveler in the Storm
            by Seleck Rigby
The sun is covered not to show its light
travelers wander in the storm’s might

to and fro they seek their way
in hopes to find the light of day

some say the sun is dead
few by their faith are led

though it is dark the great one say
the storm will end, it will come one day

start running and soon you’ll see
the clouds will break just follow me

I will lead you by my hand
to a place of light, even a promised land

the storm will rage, rain will fall
if you slip, to me you must call

do not fear trust in me
as you follow, the sun will free

bit by bit the clouds diminish
keep on hoping, you will finish

though the journey seem long
keep in your heart my song

hope of light, remember the sun
behind the clouds, it is one

though the clouds hide it’s light
it still shines in great might

press on, press on, keep going
as you journey you’re strength is growing

there will come a day when no clouds are
your new strength will make you as a star

shining the light for others to see
for when storms for others come to be

your new light will remind them of me
you will share the tale of your journey

of how I took you by the hand
and took you to my promised land

you will guide, with my spirit you must lead
I may not be there but through your deed

I will be in you, and you in me
and because of your journey dark and dreary

your light will guide all to come unto me.

Epilogue-  I will return to this post often on my discouraging "mom" days!  Happy Mother's Day... again and all year long to all of you moms who work long, long hours and home and otherwise.  Remember the angels are watching over you- XOXO barnwood and tulips!










No comments:

Post a Comment