12.28.2016

Our Joyful Christmas Day


 Preface:
Christmas came to our house in its entirety with a phone call at 4 pm Christmas day  from our son Seleck, Elder Rigby, who is serving a Spanish speaking mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Yakima, Washington mission.  As I share it with you, I want you to know that raising Seleck has been an absolute joy, but it was not without difficulty or heartbreak.  This letter buoyed my spirits and caused numberless tears to fall. 
Let it be to you as it was to me a “boost” to keep on going as we raise children unto the Lord.  “With God, all things are possible.”
Enjoy the pictures from our phone call “face time” with Elder Rigby.  He is deeply loved by so many.

Christmas 2016
My dear Mother,

Oh how much I love you!  I am grateful for my mission for many reasons, but one in particular is that it make me see how blessed I am to have you!  We’ve both worked hard to get me here.  Thank you for reading your book in my room sophomore year until I fell asleep.  Thank you for doing my hair in elementary and teaching me to be kind.  Thank you for being proud of me even when I’d strike out or miss a ground ball.  Thank you for being my mom.  I’ll love you forever.
It’s hard to write about how I feel but I just want you to know that all of your sacrifice has paid off.  I’m working hard.  I’m not making a mess in the bathroom.  I get to studies on time (I’m not late).  I’m learning not to worry so much.  I’m trying to be humble and I’m learning to love God with all my heart, might, mind, and strength.  I would never be able to be who I am today without you mom.  I wouldn’t be able to help or try to help these people.  Thank you mom for following Christ.  Because I’ve tried to follow you, I’m starting to know him.  Merry Christmas Mom!
Love,
Elder Rigby

You can follow Elder Rigby’s adventures as a missionary at
elderrigby.blogspot.com


Grandma and Grandpa Rigby

So fun to hear his voice

This kid cries daily with "missing Seleck" tears
loves her big brother

birthday brother talks to birthday brother

he is the next one to leave the nest

We laughed and cried and then laughed and cried some more




Love you mi hijo!

No comments:

Post a Comment