5.22.2014

Currently Craving... Tulips and Zina





Tulips

I love the laughter of Tulips
They sing the joy of spring
Dance in vibrant colors
Grow in the dew
Smile for a moment....
Then nod- good bye! 





Her hands tell her story: The wrinkles speak of years of service rendered to those she loved; of a belief in God whom she loved endlessly, and  of the countless small acts of service that have wound themselves into a ball creating her legacy.  On the day she held my Emma’s hand, I realized the significance of a moment.  It is fleeting.  It is a millisecond of laughter sprinkled by  tears and crowned with joy.
One worn hand tracing nearly a century of experience and wisdom clasping tenderly a small hopeful hand.  If one could gain knowledge through osmosis, I wish her hands could teach my Emma’s what it means to live and to live well.
It is through those hands that we have  learned to smile, to laugh, and to dance through the moments of life.
Zina Lunt Rigby

One Precious Picture- Emma meets Zina


These guys absolutely loved Grandma Great

Our last Halloween with Grandma Great, October 2007

What will I do with my hands?

Zina is a Tulip- she laughed, sang, danced, grew, smiled, and then  nodded good bye.

Travis and Dad Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment