12.20.2013

Christmas- A Few of my favorite things....

Growing up on 2nd East I always knew Christmas was near when the crackling of my mother's old Christmas records began shortly after Thanksgiving.  My sister and I spent hours dancing to them.  Couple the music with the smell of homemade donuts, peanut brittle, and gumdrop bars and my childhood Christmas memories coming flooding back-- the beginning of my favorite things.   Rigby started our first Christmas tradition the year we were married.  He gave me a bear and every year since then he has added to our collection. 

Meet Mr. Bear, 1995- favorite Christmas  bear

Favorite childhood Christmas decoration- My mother still displays them... Thank, Aunt Starr!

Favorite new tradition- Advent calendar countdown.... Found it in favorite magazine- Elan!

Favorite gift to be given---refurbished chairs in honor of mom and dad's 50th anniversary- NO EMPTY CHAIRS!

Which chair do you like best

Favorite place to Christmas shop!

Favorite gift given to me--- Thanks visiting teachers! (antique key with attached poem).
Dear Santa,
This magic key works just for you
just open the door and come on through.
Thank you for coming to our house tonight
as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.
Thank you Santa for the gifts you bring.
Thank you Lord for everything!
                                   Favorite trash to Treasure
before....

after
 
 
 
 
                                                   Favorite new decoration
 

Christmas card holder made from old shutter!
 
Favorite memory of Christmas present--- wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment