9.22.2017

Just Breathe


With one breath I can tell it is here.  Yep, the change is subtle, but the echo of transformation is intense and beautiful and leaves me wanting more.  More color, more outdoors, more adventures.  





Unfortunately, I can't wander every time I get the inkling to so I indulge in the eye candy before me- the pumpkins on my neighbor's porch, the sunflowers on the corner, the withered corn stalks in my backyard garden- just a few.




 They all remind me that the pilgrimage from summer to fall is now complete.  I pour hot chocolate, cuddle with my blanket on the front porch, and pull on my favorite sweater.
The passage of time is marked by the seasons.  The change of seasons stir up forgotten memories- memories of my little people playing in the leaves, picking pumpkins, and giggling in the fall air.  The seasons record our memories- this change reminds me to just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment