9.18.2017

A letter to Mi hijo

Mi Hijo,

I drove Emma to school incognito this morning.  I had on your gray hoodie (I always wear one of your sweatshirts when I am missing you more than usual).  I even had the hood over my head.  It was one of those "hard to get out of bed"  days.  I may even have dropped a tear or two okay maybe a waterfall of tears. Don't worry though, we still had a warm breakfast and family scripture study- we are in 1 Nephi 11.  Stockton and Madsen had great comments.

I came back and cuddled Maleck in bed before reading with him in the Book of Mormon.  We are reading about Moroni- Maleck loves him.  After all if "all men had been and ever would be like unto Moroni... Satan would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.(love that scripture).
Maleck and I then pulled ourselves from bed, and I fed him breakfast (scrambled eggs and cinnamon toast- his favorite) while he watched Curious George.  Yep, I caved and let him watch TV before school.  While he was eating, I took a cup of hot cocoa over to Julene (Juge) and wished her a very happy Monday- not always the best day of the week for we moms.

Good News though, I made it to the shower and here I sit hot cocoa in hand tapping a letter away to my favorite missionary. It seems Mondays just can't come fast enough.

The air is changing here and the leaves too!  I can't  wait to get on the mountain and see the explosion of color.  I am hoping we can hike to "Grandpa's tree at Cedar Breaks" this Saturday after Maleck's football game.

News from home:

Maleck is tearing up the flag football field, enjoying basketball and just can't stop talking about Hudson Springer's birthday part Saturday where they played some sort of virtual reality video games at the movie theatre.  He is convinced he and I should go on a date and play together.

Emma placed 6th at her meet in Hurricane last week and medaled.  She looked so strong.  She also spoke in church yesterday and nailed it.  There were however a few alligator tears just prior to her going on the stand- she was terrified, but you wouldn't have known it.

Madsen enjoyed a week in Colorado with daddy hunting last week.  But unfortunately had to return home to a LOAD of homework- AP Geography is pretty tough.  He jumps right into fall baseball and basketball this week.  On Thursday, he has a game here against Desert Hills in baseball. I am excited to see him on the diamond again. He has good friends and is working hard, but has his own struggles.  He is very kind and loving and realizes when my anxiety is shooting through the roof- he always has!

Stockton had a great game Friday night although the team lost.  I loved watching him play as I thought it may never happen again.  His ankle is getting stronger and the cortisone shot is helping.  Thank heavens for Dr. Reber and good coaches.  Coach Miller has been great with him! He had fun at Homecoming with his pals- horse riding, 4 wheeling, and dinner at Rusty's ( I got off easy on this one).  Last night was the kick off for Mission Prep for parents and seniors.  I think a few things are starting to resonate with him. I pray that he will have a desire to serve a mission!

Daddy returned home from the Colorado hunting trip sick- BAD cold.  It is an awful one- I have had it twice.  Although the hunt was unsuccessful, he seemed to enjoy his time with grandpa and Madsen.  He actually has taken two days off and today he is playing "catch up and clean up" and then tomorrow he will finish up the job he is helping Bishop Heath with at his powder coating business.

Grandma Rigby's surgery last week was a hard one and the recover excruciatingly painful. Grandma and Grandpa Weaver are on a cruise in Canada and down the coast of Maine and onto Boston.  They are celebrating their 54th wedding anniversary- so glad they went!

I am so glad you are enjoying Elder Adams- he sounds and looks like a lot of fun.  What's the progress with your contacts last week- Perla, Noe and Norma, Juan and Maria, and Rafael?

I will wait patiently for your letter this morning- or try to.  My goals for today are as follows: make gluten free banana bread (if it turns out, I will put a loaf in the mail to you), homemade bread, get the laundry going and put away, have lunch ready for the brothers at 11:30, sneak a little visiting teaching in with Sister Wright this morning, get dinner going, finish the temple newsletter (I will send you a copy), catch up on Young Women stuff, and run with my little Cross Country team at 2:30- wish me luck!

I love you mi hijo- keep up the good work, enjoy this journey... laugh along the way, and always remember we pray for you morning, noon, night, and all the minutes in between.

God Speed,

XO, love always, mama



No comments:

Post a Comment