8.16.2017

Dance Party or Cry Fest?

Yesterday, I wasn't sure whether to have a dance party or a cry fest as I sent these four out the door. To be honest, I did a bit of both.   The Dog Days of  summer simply never seems long enough!   Not enough sunshine or popsicles or memories made on the back porch while the the crickets chirp. Autumn air is at the doorstep.
  It was Stockton's "last first day of school yesterday."  The kid has come to know adversity in a way few do at his age.  I am so grateful that he continues to persevere.  To think I couldn't let him watch Scooby Doo after lunch as a young kid or he would have bad dreams and end  up snuggled very close to me in my bed. #senioryear
 Madsen- that smile, those eyes- he has melted my heart since he was old enough to use them both.  He has an uncanny ability to sense emotions in others- me included. #sophomoreyear

Super sass and pretty dang sweet Emma has poise and grace uncommon in most her age.  Last night she sent me to bed (bad cold coming on ) and cleaned up after all "the boys."  Our early  summer morning runs with the Cross Country team I will forever treasure (of course I watched her from behind) #7thgrader
Whoa, could you just slow down two minutes and hug your mama? Not enough hours to play in the day for this kid.  Love him to death!  As our baby, he is pretty "babied".  He is not "big on work" of any sort unless ice cream or a yummy drink is involved.  He is intrigued by maps, and the solar system, and "wonders about things." #3rdgrader

                 2017 Summer recap
June-
Weaver family reunion to Bear Lake- cousins by the dozens
Night Games
Utah summer Games Basketball- Emma's team took gold
Madsen played a lot of baseball and basketball
Maleck finished his first season of Little League
All Star season for Madsen and Travis
Stockton in training for football
Girl's Camp
new boat- hurrah!
July
Youth conference in SLC - Mom, Madsen, and Stockton
Solomon's farewell
Emma starts Cross Country- mom puts on her coaching hat
Lots of boating
Stake Encampment- Travis runs the show
USF- Treasure Island- Stockton, mom, and Emma
Madsen- leadership camp at DSU
Emma Babysits A LOT!
Stockton Football
Happy 22 years to mom and dad- trip to New York- Palmyra, Niagra, and Kirtland, Ohio
August
dentist appointments, doctor appointments, hair cuts, school schopping, movies, ice cream
Games on the back deck- Uno, clue,

Where do the days go...  Today the house is quiet.  I can hear the birds chirp and it sounds like a frog has found its home in our back yard.  I like these quiet moments- I know that they will never last long- high schoolers will soon be home for lunch!





No comments:

Post a Comment