8.23.2017

Wednesday WANDER- ful- Covered Bridges of Ashtubula County, Ohio

August 2, 2017- My 43rd birthday
After visiting the sites of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Kirtland Ohio, Rigby indulged me on my birthday and let me wander- it was absolutely WANDERFUL!  It was nearing dusk but we were determined to find as many pics along the Ashtubula Covered Bridge Trail as possible.  I am so glad we did.  One of my favorite things to do is to wander....

 This was the first covered bridge we visited.  although it has been relocated from its original location, it was still a worth the stop "Grahmn Rd. Covered Bridge.  It originally spanned the west branch of the Ashtabula River in Pierpont Township, Ashtubula County, Ohio.  It opened in 1913 and is best known for the lattice on the trusses. Its length is 97'



I pretty much fell in love with this one... gorgeous and a beautiful setting to match.  It is only one of 16 drivable bridges in Ashtubula County.  It is noted for its town truss design.  Laminated arches were added during its renovation in 1985.  The bridge was built in the 1890's- builder unknown.







 The State Road Covered Bridge built in 1983 while I prefer covered bridges not made in the same century I was born,  I fell in love with this one too.  This covered bridge spans Conneaut Creek in Monroe Township,Ashtabula County, Ohio. Its total length is 157'. Check out the lattice trusses!



 Century Bridge, built in 1868, this bridge is both quaint and rustic and the setting is unmatched- This may be my favorite bridge visited? Can we not let time slow down and return to simpler things when life was ruled by the clickety clack of a horse and buggy and roads were shadowed by trees and connected by covered bridges.  




 I will continue to wander and be delighted by all that is old, historical, and beautiful.  I will pause with the wildflowers and the tiny tots.  I will gather rocks and pine cones, and I will remember




No comments:

Post a Comment