3.20.2014

Guardians of the Hearth

 
    Guardians of the Hearth- defining real beauty
                  photography by Brenna Burrows (www.brennaburrows.com)

On September 23, 1995 the First presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ issued The  Family, A Proclamation  to the World at the General Relief Society meeting.  I was 21 years old  and a  newlywed of 2 months.  I was overwhelmed and humbled by the daunting task which lay before me.

When President Hinckley was asked why the General Relief Society meeting was chosen as the venue to announce the proclamation, he responded simply but powerfully  because (they, the women" "... are the "Guardians of the Hearth."
 



I am so excited to share this project with you.  It has been in my heart for nearly two decades.  I am so grateful to my cousin Brenna Burrows for sharing her talent .  She captured  the very essence of the beauty of these women. 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 




 















 




 



 



 
 

 
 
 









 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 



 

 



 







Note:  In April of 1998, I gave birth to our first of five children.  I will never forget the overwhelming spirit that entered that room as Seleck took his first breath.  I know I have been called to be a "Guardian of the Hearth." 

Barnwood and Tulips celebrates these women. They span 7 decades.  While their faces are stunning, it is truly what they DO with their hands that make them beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment