11.20.2017

Memory Making Monday get ready for the turkey



 I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my parents, siblings, and their children since 2013- I have been missing them!  So I have been texting back and forth with my siblings and we have been working up a plan. Football, ultimate frisbee, hiking, games movies, skeet shooting are all activities that top the list- I can't wait.

 There are 33 grand kids, and for the most part they all get along.  Thankfully, they have a lot in common- this helps!
 Traditions are the best part of any holiday.  They also remind me of holidays past including the Thanksgiving dinners at my grandmother Hofheins' house in Beaver.  She always hosted until we outgrew her home.  I loved the smell of her rolls and the sight of her pies, and I don't think I will ever forget they day I "graduated" from the "kids' table" and joined the adults.  I wish I could have just one more Thanksgiving dinner at her house!
I recall only one Thanksgiving with my Grandma and Grandpa Weaver in Orem, and I will forever cherish it.  Although we ate on paper plates and ran out of potatoes and everything in general, it is my favorite memory with my 30 cousins!  After dinner we scraped together our pennies (and I mean scraped) and went to Rocky IV.  
My dad and his three brothers sat on the front row and shouted out "work 'em Rock."  We cousins sat across the theater from them.  While they were more than embarrassing, I wish I could have that memory back- just one more time especially now that 2 of those four uncles are no longer with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment