5.05.2017

Chasing Jennie

It reads like a fairy tale, Jennie's story that is- the story that became my grandmother Ruth's.  Ruth's mother dies leaving two small children. The father, Edwin is always away and cannot care for the children.  Jennie's sister Marie knowing Jennie's great fear of step mothers raises her children.  And then... Max and Ruth live happily ever after.



Jennie Smith
 It's a story I can't let alone.  It continues with me like it's a mystery and there are still pieces I want to find.  
Marie Smith
 I found some pieces to my mystery- photos of Marie and Jennie I had never before seen  an amazing photo of my grandmother Ruth's brother Cleve Stoddard Kimball, a family photo of the Thomas X. Smith and Ann Howe Family (for years I had thought there was only Jennie and Marie), but most amazing to me was the photo I found of Jennie- she is young and beautiful- a school girl.  She is the girl who never grew old.
 I am still looking for pieces.  I am searching for a connection and information on grandmother's brother Cleve's descendants.  I will keep looking, but until then I continue to chase Jennie.

Jennie Smith

Annie Masters Howe Smith hoe, Logan Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment