1.17.2017

The evolution of Emma- Happy 12th bday

Building our home on Ashdown- February 2005
Emma was the best baby ever!

Every now and then I like to look at photos when my kids were small just to remind me that they once were.  Now that our baby is 8, I find myself doing that more often. Today, Emma is 12.  It is a huge milestone.  To tell you the truth, I am not sure I am ready, but ready or not here it is.

While I absolutely love having four sons, having a daughter has made me reassess who I am.  So much about who Emma will become is what she will learn from me. Both the good and the bad- no pressure right?

The good thing is that I am not alone.  She is there right beside me cheering me along and she doesn’t even know she is.  It’s been that way since the beginning though.  Emma is truly genuine.  While she is far from perfect, I believe she is one of God’s finest.  She is truly without guile.  Now comes the hard part, me guiding her through these next turbulent years in hopes that she doesn’t change and if she does that is only for the better.

I will pray for wisdom, for grace, and I will pay for patience.  But most of all I pray she will pray for me and that together we will find our way.
This was the perfect day- California Coast August 2005
I love you Emma!  Happy 12th birthday!

August 2005- We had the best time at the Dodger game- man you turned a few heads!

You have always been daddy's little girl!

Emma's first Christmas

December 2006

20007




December 2, 2008- Emma fell in love with him from the moment she held him!

Easter 2009

2010

July 2012

summer 2013

Summer 2014

Fall 2015

January 17, 2016


Oh what a day Birthday photos from end to beginning!

Emma's Favorite Cherry Chip Cake



                                  Birthday dinner at Rusty's with the family



A quick visit to see gma and gpa on your bday!
 We loved Celebrating the afternoon of your 12th birthday by taking you to the temple to do baptisms.  I loved watching you and daddy walk around the temple grounds afterwards-- a picture is worth a 1000 words!













Lunch with Brenna and Emry at Pizza Factory- thanks for the yumminess Uncle Chris!



Our twinner shirts.  Emma and I spent Monday in St George (MLK Day) shopping.  
                Birthday Breakfast- daddy made crepes- love you daddy!








No comments:

Post a Comment