9.26.2016

Shed hunting in elk country

Where the Elk Wallow
 I have never really loved the desert.  In fact, I have found it down right ugly.  But last November when I had my first successful hunt in the Mormon Mountains in Nevada, I was awestruck by the beauty there.  I simply fell in love with the desert.
Picking up Rigby's field cams
 Rigby drew the Nevada Elk dream tag in July (he was notified July 7th, the day after we dropped Seleck off at the MTC- #missionaryblessings), he filled the tag the day before the archery hunt ended.  It scored over 400- a beauty.  We called it Destiny. 

Last week returned to pick up field cameras and the four wheeler as well as enjoy a day in the desert together.  It was fun to be together.  Quite frankly it felt good to just breathe.  The desert stole my heart and captivated my soul- the clouds, the rugged terrain, the sea of sage.  I love this lonely land.

Few things in life give me as much pleasure as being unplugged in the outdoors with Rigby.  We rarely take a designated trail unless it is a deer trail and even more rarely do we ever return to the same place.  We like the mystery of the unknown.  We crave the adventure.

Rigby's Destiny in the Dessert
I am not lucky, but I lucked out on this day as Rigby helped me find my first set of matching sheds.  I was thrilled even if he hinted me along.  It was amazing and they were huge.
Pinenut country


Just Breathe
 I was unable to be with Rigby the day he put down "Destiny" but it was fun to return to the spot he landed the "big one" and hear the stories over again.  Rigby has a way with the woods- love this guy!
The sea of Sage


My grandpa loved trees



rugged country

finding my first shed

Elk Sheds





The perfect match

My AVID outdoorsman


The perfect Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment