5.11.2016

Wednesday Write: Waiting


Seems funny to say, but I have no words.  No words to adequately describe how I feel as I wait for endings and beginnings.  The oldest of our "fab five" graduates from high school on the 26th- an ending. And any day now, he will be receiving his mission call- a beginning.  I knew these moments would come, but I never imagined it would happen so quickly.  I simply blinked.


 18 years ago, we were waiting as well... for his arrival.  I was teaching 8th grade English at Hurricane Middle School while Rigby completed his senior year at SUU.  Seleck was born on a beautiful spring day in April.  It was the most spiritual moment of my life.  It was as if the very tips of heaven bent down and kissed him good bye.. It changed me- he changed me. Being his mother and the mother of his four siblings has been the most fulfilling role of my life.  I have repeated motions day after day, prayed night after night, cleaned up cheerios, spaghetti O's and potatoes.  I have wiped faces, bummies, and teardrops. My "Fab Five" are my heart beat.

Seleck found God early in life, and he followed him.  He came to Rigby and I driven.   From the classroom, to the playground, the piano to the trumpet, the baseball diamond, to the football field Seleck has given it his all.  He found joy on the rugby field, inspiration as student body president, peace in the choir, and knowledge at the feet of his teachers.   So many thanks I give to those who have helped him achieve his dreams-- there have been many!  These dreams have not come easily, but he saw them through.  I admire so much his tenacity- his true grit!  He has broken barriers.

Seleck knows what it means to walk alone, to overcome obstacles(there have been many), to sit the bench again and again.  But he has learned to soar with the eagles.  



I will watch him now as he goes again to soar with eagles.  He will join the legions of angels sharing the message of Jesus Christ. I will pray and repeat and pray and repeat, and always I will express my gratitude for letting me wait again....


No comments:

Post a Comment