5.25.2016

Wednesday Write- My very own Peter Pan







"Young boys should never be sent to bed... they always wake up a day older." (J.M. Barrie)
That's it! I have found the magic serum for keeping him young forever... tonight he shan't sleep.  He is my very own Peter Pan and I will send him to "Never Land" with the Lost Boys, Wendy, Michael and John.  He shall simply never grow up!

But Time marches on... it reminds me that it will take him too!  He is ready to soar with the eagles. He has earned his wings. Humility and gratitude have become his companions. The "Captain Hooks" in his life have made him aware of the crocodiles.  

 A witness- that his what I have been. A witness of a boy becoming a man.  There is no remorse, no "I wishes-" I am simply proud. He has become the man he set out to be. 

"How amazing.  The boy is gone.  Somewhere in the last thirty seconds you've grown up." (J.M. Barrie)










I am a memory keeper and I will keep my memories of him close to my heart where they will warm me on the coldest days.  He was once  my little boys with his hands in mud pies and building forts.  He came determined, directed, and dynamic.

Don't let the crickets lull you to  sleep, but if they do, I hope you get to go to Never Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment