6.24.2015

Honoring Ora

Some of Ora and Lucile's grandchildren

So much of who we are is about where we came from- we came from a farm found in a little town owned and ran by a man named Ora who forsook the life of a stonemason and chased his dreams with his brother Irel- we called him "Uncle."

There is a little part of Ora in all of us... the traits are there and they bind us for life.  When we were young, we herded cows with grandpa on the farm.  We we were older- we listened to his stories.  He was a great story teller.
We celebrated Grandpa Ora's 100th (June 14, 1915-June 14, 2015)  birthday by gathering at his graveside and remembering. We love you grandpa! 
I miss my grandpa and his stories.  I miss my grandmother and her stoic strength, fresh linens, amazing food, and the wave she also sent me on my way with from her front porch.

 Time stands still for no one so we share the stories and we gather to remember, honor and pay tribute to grandparents who honored each other and life.








Ora and Lucile's Great grandchildren





My mom



At the graveside



My Aunt Donna


 Chris used to skip out of town after his high school basketball games to play yahtzee and hang with grandma!






 These two were named for uncle- Bernell Edward Hofheins and Troy Edward Hofheins- I love them both!
Janet, Joyce, and Starr


 Reunion of the Panguitch Ice Breaker champions- nothing like cousins!








Adelaide and Emma

Cousin Bryan and Aunt Starr

Anna, Javlyn, and Japrix

In honor of Grandma Lucile we had a Baker's Secret "Bake Off."  There were four entries- it was Yummy!








As the years go by, he reminds me of grandpa- his walk, his mannerisms- I love my uncle and the memory he brings to my heart.


 And then we played, and laughed and built relationships....


















 They will grow in the blink of an eye.... we will share stories1

No comments:

Post a Comment