6.02.2015

Historic Jamestown settlement

 I remember the first vacation I took with my family.  I was a 1st grader, and we went to Disneyland.  I was so excited.  I even got to see the ocean for the first time.  Unfortunately, my 3 older brothers did not quite share my excitement.  In fact, they were either unimpressed by the vast ocean or embarrassed to be seen with our band of nine I still don't know, but they sat in the car the ENTIRE time we were at the beach.

I was so grateful that our 3 oldest boys decided to jump on board and get excited about our journey to and throughout the Historic Triangle (there were a few rough moments).  

Emma and Madsen


Maleck and Daddy

History- nothing makes me happier!  I am now officially the family NERD, 


 Emma to to meet legendary Pocahontas- We enjoyed learning about the real story of her life!
 Our visit here was somber.  Life at Jamestown in 1607 was anything but easy.  The death toll was tremendous and the lifestyle harsh.  To build our nation was not an easy task.

 Emma and Maleck at the James River 

gravestones of the UNKNOWN



Early American History will now be viewed differently by our Fab Five!

Seleck missed his ducks

 And of course I found a VERY old building!


 I am so blessed to call these five- MINE!

                                      and then there was EMMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment