10.02.2017

Weekend Wanderfall



 I am sitting at the computer as the light streams in as I blog today. I am sporting my favorite flannel and sipping hot chocolate- I love Autumn.  The grass is fresh with morning dew.  It was hard to get the troops going this morning.  We spent Sunday on Cedar Mountain with a view to take your breath away.  It was the perfect "deer camp" and provided great reception to listen to General Conference.
In between sessions, we wandered a bit.


 We came to Cedar Breaks a lot when I was a kid.  We had picnics here, family reunions, and hiked to grandpa's tree.  I love the beauty of the breaks.  I am inspired by Henry David Thoreau's quote.  I think Rigby is too.  He wanders so much.  I believe if he had a pen in hand he would write much the same thing.


“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms...” Henry David Thoreau



 The age 43 has done something to me.... more wrinkles, more tummy rolls, more tired... yikes.  I don't like this thing called age.  I eat raisins, and beets, and count my calories. 
 I wish to drink deep and suck out all of the marrow of life.  I will wander more, share stories, and remember.

 Each Fall I will walk the roads of colored leaves as they mark the passage of time.  
 I wish moments like this could last, but they are not works of art to be displayed on museum walls...


                                       Where will you Wander?
                                      Enjoy the images from our "wander" 


































No comments:

Post a Comment