11.01.2016

A pinwheel for my uncle

 I left a single pinwheel for my uncle today.  His grave was still fresh with flowers and plants and grieving.  I was alone- only the echoes of others remained. His loved ones are now trying to carry on with their daily lives-trying is the operative word.

  I still wake each day hoping it was all some bad dream only to realize it is a reality.  I see the faces of my Aunt, my  five cousins, theirs spouses and their children.  I have no words for their grief only love and service.  
top- Kimball, Scott, Max, Kurt, Wynn
bottom- Katherine, Ruth, Ruth Kay
It is a hard thing to see someone go- hard to try and make sense of their absence.  I have many reasons perhaps why, but no definite answers.  I only have my faith that God knows.  
brothers- Wynn, Scott, Kurt, Kimball
 My Uncle Wynn's passing  left a huge hole in so many hearts.  I find comfort in Heavenly Father's tender mercies as the holy ghost prompted me in little ways to reconnect with my Uncle these past few years-- dropping off tropical smoothies after surgery, random phone calls for advice about kids, invitations to Christmas parties, and family events.  And then on his birthday, September 13, 2016, the prompting to send a simple Happy Birthday text.  It read: "Happy Birthday Uncle Wynn- you are top notch! Love Amyanne"   His reply was a simple "thank you" and an "I love you."  (sermons could be taught on those two phrases).
Wynn, Scott, Ruth, Ruth Kay, and Katherine
 You see, Heavenly Father knows all- He knew, he whispered to me and my life was blessed.  I am so grateful I took the time to listen.
Grandkids of  Ruth and Max Weaver
 These Autumn days will soon turn to winter.  I will always remember my uncle, the native flute warrior. His laughter, his kind sparkling blue eyes, his kindness, his funny toes, feet and flip flops, his love of the mountain, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Bob Dylan, and the Cougars.  I will be grateful for those I have left.  I have always known they loved me.  They are the foundation of my faith.
Aunts and Uncles-Scott, Rhonda, Vickie, Dave, Ruth Kay, Janet, Kimball, Nancy, Katherine, and Dean

We never know how many tomorrows we may get.  So today, I will strive to enjoy the gift of the moment and the knowledge that there is life beyond the grave. 

My only Weaver uncle left- I love you Uncle Scott!



No comments:

Post a Comment