6.25.2016

Called to Serve-- 11 days to go

Tomorrow Seleck speaks in sacrament meeting.  It is tradition in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints that before going on a mission the prospective missionary speaks in his home ward (church services).  Tomorrow is Seleck's big day.  So funny- it seems that just yesterday I was preparing his blessing outfit and then ironing his white shirt for his baptism.  In fact, right now I am waiting for his white shirt to be finished washing so I can iron it.

So many white shirts, I have ironed. This is a day that both he and I and Rigby have thought a lot about and then suddenly it is here- just like that.

I have had so many people ask me how I am doing, am I ready, is he ready?  To be quite honest, I haven't felt that much of anything.  It has been a whirlwind. The time line for the last 5 weeks has been like this: Mission call, Graduation, Disneyland trip, weekend in Newport, Youth Conference at Heber Camp, oral surgery (wisdom teeth), help Mom and Dad Rigby move,shopping for missionary clothes, Seleck received his endownment , missionary pictures (thanks Brenna), help mom and Dad Rigby load uhauls, attend niece's wedding, unload Mom and Dad Rigby's uhauls, Travis and Seleck go fly fishing (four days), throw a baby shower for a dear friend, prep for mission farewell (this doesn't even take into account the baseball, basketball, and football games I have attended for the other four.... there have been too many to count). I guess its okay I haven't felt much?



 Rigby is rehearsing the musical number in the other room as I write this post and Seleck is putting the finishing touches on his talk for tomorrow in the basement.  Emma, Stockton, Madsen, and Maleck are fast asleep- I hope to be soon.

I approach tomorrow with a grateful heart.  I am so grateful to be a wife and mother.  I love our five children with all of my heart. To be Seleck's mother has been a joyful adventure.  In 11 days, I will hug him good-bye.  

My little boy who always wanted to serve a mission is going to do it.  


I am so grateful that Heavenly Father allowed Rigby and I to raise him.  Seleck is simply Stellar.  Thanks so much Seleck for your example- thanks for accepting the Call to Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment