10.22.2013

Pumpkin Patch

The crackle of leaves underfoot along with the bright orange pumpkins remind me that fall is most definitely here! I have had fun reading from my journal and have included a few snipets from it in my blog ...
 
 
   (October 20, 2003)- "Fall is knocking but no one seems to answer.  Although the mountain are dotted with the most amazing colors of red, orange, and yellow, the temperature resists the change which is inevitable.  I am aching to pull on a sweater, but find that shorts and a t-shirt are more comfortable in the heat."

The air is changing outside and fall is looming in the mountain tops.  The mountain is exploding in colors of orange, red, and yellow.  It is absolutely illuminating.  Our life is equally full of color- a whirlwind of color has transpired in our lives.  Presently, I am five months pregnant with our 4th child- due January 19th... "(September 15, 2004)
 
The Hansen pumpkin patch in Elsinore Utah boasts the most beautiful and shapely pumpkins to be found in Southern Utah. Top it off with a hay ride and a train pulled by a tractor and your harvest visit is complete. Even though you may not be a local, you will be treated as one. It is what is known as Southern Utah hospitality. The Hansens know how to create the perfect pumpkin patch with the ambiance to match. It is certainly worth the drive to Elsinore which is located on I-70 just outside of Richfield.

Elsinore is not a booming metropolis . In fact, it is found in a cluster of small towns alongside Anabella, Joseph, Monroe, and Central Valley. These small communities create the very essence of Sevier County.



Finding the perfect pumpkin is "almost as important as finding the perfect Christmas tree!  If I could freeze time, I would freeze it during Autumn.  These pics  show how our family has changed in just two short years.  I wish we were back at the Hansen Pumpkin patch  RIGHT NOW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment