4.01.2013

Madsen's baptism




Personal histories can bore most audiences if you focus on the mundane and monotonous.  Instead, think of the sounds associated with that person or unique physical characteristics.  Also, it helps to focus on particular memories and then try to weave it altogether.


September 3, 2010
Madsen’s baptism


Freckled face, toothless grin, smiling eyes, a magical smile,  and a heart  to captivate the masses.  You are Madsen born in the 11th hour, born to lead.  Marvelous, mischievous, Mad Man,  magnificent, mannerly, a present day Moroni.
At birth, lots of  black hair – beautiful skin.  After four months of straight crying, you found your hand and you have been happy ever since- a pure joy.  Delighting the world with your bright smile, you calm hearts.
 As Daddy’s right hand man,  you toddled at his side and chased after your brothers always trying to be bigger than you were.  You hoped baby sister was neither boy nor girl but a bunny rabbit.  At age five,  you tickled my face with your dimpled hands comforting my broken  heart.  You are a healer.
Your determination is only out sung by your disposition.  A quiet stillness echoes from your bright blue eyes humming the melody of your amazing heart. Today, you held my hand as we exited your third grade class.  Your hand fits perfectly in mine-  once it was  enveloped in baby fat, now it is a small boy’s hand, tomorrow it will be a man’s like your father’s.
One day my hand will be wrinkled and worn and it will hold yours on a final day.  I will look into your eyes and you will give me a final wink and I will be forever grateful  for my Madsen the  marvelous man who was my mountain – with a  foundation always  firm and stead fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment